Robert Clotworthy appeared as Private Welch in the Season 7 M*A*S*H TV series episode "Dear Comrade".
|Born:||October 24, 1955|
|Birthplace||Los Angeles, California, USA|
|Voice over artist/Actor|
|Episodes appeared in:||"Dear Comrade" in Season 7|
|Character played:||Private Welch|
Robert Clotworthy (born October 24, 1955) appeared as Private Welch, a wounded soldier, in the Season 7 episode of M*A*S*H titled "Dear Comrade". Clotworthy is best known as the narrator for History Channel's show Ancient Aliens and his role as the voice of Jim Raynor in the StarCraft video game series. He has worked in over 100 feature films, television programs, and video games.
Early career Edit
Clotworthy's career as a voice actor began when he was fifteen: "My father was a producer of radio commercials and from an early age I would accompany him to recording sessions. I met some of the finest voice talent (Jerry Stiller, Anne Meara, Mel Blanc, June Foray, etc.) and they inspired me."
Role as Jim Raynor in StarCraft Edit
Clotworthy stars as the voice of Jim Raynor in the StarCraft series of real-time strategy video games. Robert first appeared as Raynor in StarCraft, in which Raynor was a major character heavily involved in the game's storyline. He reprised his role in the expansion StarCraft: Brood War. A reader's poll for GameSpot voted Raynor one of video gaming's top ten heroes, with GameSpot giving specific praise to the quality of Clotworthy's voice acting.
Twelve years after the release of StarCraft, Clotworthy reprised his role as Raynor in StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty. The storyline of Wings of Liberty focuses primarily on the Terrans and Raynor in particular, with Raynor taking the role of main character. A review of Wings of Liberty on ITP.net stated that Raynor was "voiced to perfection" by Clotworthy and he was selected as the winner of "GotY Awards 2010 – Best Voice Acting" by reactiontime.co.uk. Clotworthy returned to the role with the expansions StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm and StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void.
Other roles Edit
Clotworthy has worked in over 100 feature films and television programs. He appeared as "Forensic Technician" in four episodes of the 1980s U.S. TV series Hunter. Clotworthy was the narrator on the Emmy nominated documentaries Empire of Dreams: The Making of the Star Wars Trilogy and Star Wars: The Legacy Revealed. Clotworthy also narrated Indiana Jones and the Ultimate Quest and Batman Unmasked: The Psychology of the Dark Knight. Clotworthy is also known for voicing the character Marshall Law in both Tekken 5 and its expansion, Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Medievaldragon. Robert Clotworthy confirms he returns as Jim Raynor in StarCraft II. IncGamers. Retrieved on 2010-09-07.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Interview with Robert Clotworthy. jitZul.com. Retrieved on 2010-09-07.
- ↑ Medievaldragon (2007-06-06). Starcraft - Robert Clotworthy / Jim Raynor Interview. Blizzplanet. Retrieved on 7 September 2010.
- ↑ Cheung, James. Number 10: Jim Raynor. TenSpot: Reader's Choice – Best Heroes. GameSpot. Retrieved on 2010-09-09.
- ↑ Saundalkar, Jason. Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty - Games - Reviews. ITP.net. Retrieved on 2010-09-09.
- ↑ Marsden, Joe. GotY Awards 2010 – Best Voice Acting. reactiontime.co.uk. Retrieved on 2011-04-01.
- ↑ Robert Clotworthy Announced Voice Recording for the StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Expansion Has Begun. BlizzPlanet (12 August 2013). Retrieved on 12 August 2013.
- ↑ Jon Abbott, Stephen J. Cannell Television Productions: A History of All Series and Pilots (Jefferson, N.C.: McFarland, 2009)
- ↑ Clotworthy, Robert. Biography of Robert Clotworthy. Retrieved on 2010-09-09.