Bruce Bilson directed the M*A*S*H episode titled "Bananas, Crackers, and Nuts in Season 1.
|Born:||May 19, 1928|
|Birthplace:||Brooklyn, New York, U.S.|
|TV/Film Director, Producer and Screenwriter|
|Spouse(s):||Mona Weichman (1955-1976; divorced; 2 children)|
Renne Jarrett (1981-present)
|Appeared on/Involved with:||M*A*S*H|
|"Bananas, Crackers and Nuts" in Season 1|
Bruce Bilson (born May 19, 1928) is a film and television director. He is the grandfather of the actress Rachel Bilson. Bruce directed the M*A*S*H TV series episode titled "Bananas, Crackers and Nuts" in Season 1 of the series.
Life and careerEdit
Bilson was born in Brooklyn, NY to Jewish parents. His mother, Hattie Bilson (née Dratwa), was an American screenwriter, and his father, George Bilson, was an Britian-born producer/writer/director. His brother, Malcolm Bilson, is a well-known fortepianist and long-time professor of piano at Cornell University.
Bilson married Mona Weichman on Aug. 31, 1955; they divorced in 1976. They had two children, Danny (born 1956), a director, and Julie. Bilson married Renne Jarrett in 1981.
- Pate Katelin en Buenos Aires (1969)
- The Wackiest Wagon Train in the West (1976)
- The North Avenue Irregulars (1979)
- Chattanooga Choo Choo (1984)
- Bruce Bilson at the Internet Movie Database
- Bruce Bilson Interview at Archive of American Television
- Bruce Bilson article at Wikipedia